OPTIONS TO CHOOSE
1: Face-To-Face Practical Training at Your Workplace
Includes Participant Workbooks
eLearning Course also Available For Participants - optional
2: DIY Trainer Kit to Conduct Own Internal Training
Access to Applicable eLearning Course - trainer version
Plus + Bonus 'extra' eLearning Course - trainer version
We are continually developing and adding new titles to our range of eLearning courses. With some titles you can choose to have us conduct practical face-to-face training at your
workplace . We also offer a DIY Trainer Kit option allowing you to conduct your own training in-house.
Examples include our 'De-escalation & Physical Disengagement'
Transport Frail Aged & Those With Disability' courses.
De-Escalation & Physical Disengagement
Care workers must deal with behaviours of concern almost daily. The risk of physical
and emotional harm to both workers and clients is always present and not uncommon.
This one day training session is specifically designed to provide the practical skills and knowledge to help reduce the risk
of harm. Participants will learn manoeuvres to safely disengage from a range of physical threats.
The training will also cover ways to use non-physical methods to de-escalate a situation before it gets much
worse. Participants also have the option to complete our bonus 'Managing Behaviours of Concern' eLearning course!
This 1 day session focusses on practical ways to:-
- Use a range of defence manoeuvres to safely disengage from various types of physical attack.
- Use observation, verbal and other non-physical techniques to de-escalate a concerning situation.
- Understand the stages of the Behaviour Escalation Cycle and how to ‘practically’ use it.
- Lower the risk of physical harm to workers and clients, whilst maintaining the respect of the client.
- Handle typical ‘real life’ situations raised by participants.
Note: Participants will also receive a workbook, be able to view demonstration videos and receive a certificate on completion. You also have the option to request participants complete the eLearning course prior to commencing
the face-to-face training.
DIY Trainer Kit Option
This is a very cost effective and practical solution for those who want to conduct their own in-house training.
The DIY Trainer Kit Option
includes the following:-
- A Trainer/Facilitator Guide - Printed.
- Choice to purchase Participant Workbooks - Printed.
- Access to demonstration videos.
- Access to the trainer version of this eLearning course.
- Bonus access to trainer version of eLearning course - Managing Behaviours of Concern.
Transport Frail Aged & Those With Disability
All Community Transport providers who provide a service as part
of the NSW Government’s Point-To-Point Transport Reforms have a primary ‘duty of care’ to ensure the safety of their services.
The "Transport Frail Aged & Those With Disability" course has
been developed to specifically address the NSW Point-To-Point Transport Reforms for Community Transport providers. This course was developed in close consultation with the community transport sector to meet the
This course offers the same Face-To-Face training, eLearning and DIY Trainer Kit options as mentioned above... plus bonus access to the trainer version of
the eLearning course titled
Access Vehicles - Knowledge, understanding & equipment.
For the Face-To-Face training option a transport vehicle with the necessary equipment is used to demonstrate all of the important practical requirements.
Participants are then coached and observed when completing the required tasks themselves.
Topics covered include:-
- Conduct Pre-operational Checks on Vehicles
- Drive a Vehicle Used by Passengers with Disability
- Work, Health & Safety (WHS/OHS)
- Restraints, Ancillary Equipment and Stowing
- Maximise Your Clients’ Travelling Comfort
- Road Rules and You
- Signs and Indicators
- Operation of Wheelchair Lift
- Using Wheelchair Restraints